It is Friday night and I am indoors typing to you all whilst my nails dry! I do lead an interesting life! Here they are:
Nothing Fancy, but a nice deep dark blue (an RCH nail polish bought for me for xmas, but can be found in Boots as part of a gift set. unsure if they can be found individually) and then we have the Rimmel London Space Dust range. I believe there are only 3 colours and I have all 3. They are absolutely beautiful and the colouring is great. Only down side is that my nails feel all rough, not so bad with a top coat but still can be felt. Irritating but I can live with that as they are just too darn beautiful!
Before I start tonights blog I do want to share a page which has been set up to raise some money for 7 charities. How it works is a very generous person on my Facebook friends list, Leanne, has organised 7 events for 7 different charities over 7 days. Ranging from Cocktail evenings with raffles to skydiving it offers opportunities for them to be sponsored as well as people enjoying themselves at events whilst donating money.
I am aware that obviously you may not be local but I would really appreciate it if you took the time to look at the funding page and either donate some money or just spread the word. Every little counts so if all you can spare is £1 it will all add up. Sharing with your friends on social networking sites also would be amazing and see if we can help her reach her target.
Here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/7events7days
If you do donate or spread the word I would really appreciate if you just let me know in the comments below so I can tell Leanne how amazing my readers and followers are 🙂
This tag is just answering a few questions about myself, I may or may not have answered a couple of them before, but I do like to give all my lovely readers an insight into myself and get to know me that little bit more. I really struggle to talk about interesting things about myself, which is why I don’t mind joining in on the tags 🙂
So, here goes…
1. Nicknames: I don’t particularly have any nicknames, Tay is what a lot of my chums call me (my mum hates it though haha) and some family call me Tails. My mum calls me Puddin’ Pop, because, let’s face it, she’s cool like that!
2. Location: I have always lived in a little seaside down in the South West of England, in good ol’ Devon. I love living by the sea and having a few small cities nearby. London is dirty and horrible, but of course that is just my opinion, but big dirty cities will not stop me from one day visiting New York!!
3. Height: Standing at short 5ft 2in I struggle with my weight. I am not fat by any means, but I am insecure and pictures just are not flattering. I just feel that being small doesn’t always have its advantages! Though I do love it 🙂
4. Hair: I have naturally curly, red hair. There is a lot of negativity surrounding red heads and it has given me a negative view of myself. One day I will be brave enough to rock the natural hair but for now I am a brunette
5. Pet Peeves: Snoring and eating with mouths open grind my gears!!!! I cannot stand it!! I know it is pretty standard amongst most people, but dude serious, shut that gob!! Feet do gross me out too!
6. Habits: I feel that my habits aren’t as bad as most. I do not smoke or take drugs. I don’t drink alcohol very often. I don’t bite my nails (anymore). I don’t know if this is a habit, but more of an OCD thing I suppose, but when I brush my teeth, I HAVE to wash my hands after. Otherwise they feel hot and dirty. Who knows why but I cannot stop thinking about them until they are washed!!
7. Sight: I do need to wear glasses. They were originally just for reading and things like that, but now its all the time. When am I not using a computer, driving or watching tv? I am always reading things on my phone, at work using computers or driving around somewhere, so I do rely on them a lot more. I don’t wear them all the time, they get in the way, but I do rock my Kardashian Glasses purchased at Sears in LA.
8. First Memory: The first memory I have is of me falling down the stairs in someone’s house. I do not know how old I was but I really wasn’t that old. I remember that I needed the toilet and someone had to accompany me up the stairs and on the way back down I was briefly let go of, and I tumbled right down. I had stitches in the back of my head, and if you root through my hair and white scar can be found (so I have been told). I remember having a flannel held to my head in the back of car on the way to the hospital. I find it fascinating that people can remember things so far back in their childhood!
9. Starsign: I am infact an October baby so Scorpio is my sign. A red head and Scorpio you say? Yep, quiet and keep to myself but I do have a feisty, fiery side, that can be dangerous! haha!!
10. Career Objectives: I have always decided on something and changed my mind. I have wanted to be a Lawyer, Midwife, Photographer, writer, everything, but as it stands anything in the beauty and makeup industry will do me fine. Taking it step by step I just hope to be successful in whatever I find myself doing and that is all I can hope for. Being happy is something that people forget about when choosing their career, and it doesn’t matter how much money is being made, if it doesn’t make you happy, you will never feel that sense of accomplishment that I think everyone should feel throughout their working life.
11. Education: I studied for my GCSE’s and A-Levels at the same school. I don’t fully regret taking any of my chosen subjects but for the insdustry I choose my career path to me now, none of them suit and going back to get the relevant qualifications can be pricey. I have 3 Alevels – Photography, English Language and Sociology. I love these topics and find them all to be interesting in different ways. Variety was something I aimed for so I could broaden by career search and keep my options open when I left school. I chose not to go straight into uni because I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I feel that it costs too much now to spend weeks and term time drinking all the time (yes, I am old) and would want to keep my head down and achieve what I know I am capable of. Unfortunately other people do not share the same opinions as myself and that would be too distracting for me. I will go eventually but when I have some work experience behind me.
12. TV: I love my girlie programmes, Sex and The City and Desperate Housewives being favourites of mine, but I do like to mix it up with some Big Bang Theory, New Girl and even really really enjoyed Breaking Bad. If you haven’t watched them, then GO.
13. Celeb Sightings: On our travels to LA we expected to see celebs everywhere! We were infact wrong. We did however get to see some filmings at The Grove of The Voice judges, Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green, with Mario Lopez interviewing so that was exciting. Not to forget getting to meet David Spade in the Cheesecake Factory at the The Grove too on a completely different day. Always a good day when that happens!
14. Weird: When I was a little tiny child, I used to love watching Star Trek and Singing the theme song to Bad Boys. Clearly I was a very interesting and talented child. I also can make my eyeballs squeak. It sounds like you are polishing a glass table, but the noise genuinely comes from my eyeballs.
15. Crushing: I have many celeb crushes, just think of all the Hollywood hunks, but I am known for my girl crushes too! I am don’t fancy women or anything like that, but lets face it, girls have their girl crushes and men have their man crushes. Kelly Clarkson and Demi Lovato are my crushes at the moment. They are such beautiful women who are so talented and their music is soooo good. I listen to them all the time and are probably my most listened to. My music taste is extremely random and have many genres, but at the moment they are my fave.
16. Favourites: I could spend forever telling you all my favourite things in this world, but my all time favourites are my mum and my 2 sisters. I could not live without them, they are genuinely my rocks. No matter what is said in a heated argument or if I don’t see them for a week or so but they genuinely are the loves of my lives. This picture below just about explains our relationships and how much fun we can have together. Yes that’s my mum in the background in her wheelchair being pushed by my sister. This is in fact the best photo bomb EVER.
Chelsea did write 30 facts about herself, but unfortunately I couldn’t think of 30 and you will probably pick up more about me from my posts than me listing lots of random facts. Narrowing them all down to be interesting is proving rather difficult!! Anything you want to know about though, please do not be scared to ask me 🙂
I will be back over the weekend with review of my new Real Techniques Beauty Blender Sponge and my Rimmel Apocalypse Lip colour. (I accidentally bought the tester otherwise that would have been tonights post, DO NOT SHOP IN A RUSH!)
But for now,
Thanks once again for reading. Please do share the charity page and my blog and we will see if we can help Leanne reach her target.